Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catching Up

Apparently, time just gets away from me. I've had so much going on lately between, kids and jobs, that I hadn't realized I hadn't posted in about a month. So, let me take this opportunity to give you an update.

My vehicle. I'm sure you all remember the great debate between Traverse and Trailblazer. Well, after weighing all the information we found out, the deciding factor was the Trailblazer was only going to be worth about 23% of its current value in 3 years, while the Traverse would retain 48% of its value. So, I am the proud owner of a blue Traverse. I know some of you thought the Trailblazer would be best in the snow, but let me tell you, the Traverse has been awesome on these icy back roads. Andy has done his best to whip it sideways on the ice, and the thing won't even fish tail. We drove it down past Lansing on one of the snowy days recently where the roads were nothing but slush, and it handled better than my Trailblazer had. I love it.

The kids. Lets just say they've had their share of sickness. Drew has had issues with respiratory infections and Anna has had issues with ear infections. The most recent one called for a strong antibiotic, which really messed with her system. Let me just say, I've been doing lots of laundry because of accidents that are not her fault. I think today may be the first day in over a week that we may not have to deal with that. We have taken her off the medicine because we tried changing it once, and that still didn't help the situation.

My job. I resigned from my job at the college, because I was offered Andy's old job at Tendercare Clare. Yes, my new position is Business Office Manager at Tendercare, and this was my first week. Pretty much I am in charge of approving the financial end of all admissions and collecting all outstanding money, whether it be from insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, or private pay. How I came by the job is a bit of a long story. When Andy was originally promoted the person he replace was demoted, to his old position at Tendercare. Needless to say, she was only there about a month or so. When the job was posted I applied and was selected as one of the final two. From what I understand I was actually the first choice, however, the administrator felt she should include her boss in the decision, so she was told to hire the person from within the company that I was up against. Needless, to say, that didn't work out so swell either. He was in the position from September until the beginning of February, and Andy was pretty much doing all his work for him. I have been helping Andy at home with things for all of his facilities, so when the administrator decided to get rid of the other guy, she called me and offered me the job. I wasn't sure if I would do it at first, seeing as I wasn't good enough the first time, however, it really was an offer I couldn't refuse. I've wanted to use my accounting degree since I got it, and being a secretary just wasn't cutting it for me. I'm ready for the new challenge, and let me tell you, it certainly will be. There is so much to learn when it comes to Medicare, Medicaid and all the different insurances, that it's not even funny. But I think I'm up for it.

So, I may still not be able to update as often as I'd like, but I'm sure going to try.

2 comments:

Shaelynn said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Anonymous said...

The Traverse is a sharp-looking car. Glad it meets your needs. Congrats on the new job! Enjoy the challenge!