Monday, August 25, 2008

Last Weekend

Well, I did promise to post about our weekend, however another weekend has passed since. But that's okay, I'll still tell you about it.

Andy and I took a much deserved weekend away without the kids. This is very hard for me, because I've never left either of my two kids for more than one night at a time. Yes, it's true, and yes this was only two nights, so I got over it. It's not that I don't trust my children with other people, it's just that working full time, the weekend is really the only quality time I get to spend with them, so I feel terrible when I don't.
Where did we go, you ask? Well, we have some friends who live in Sutton's Bay. So, we took Andy's fathers boat up with us and had some fun. Unfortunatley, the weather didn't quite cooperate with us. It was a great day for boating on Saturday, but a little to cold and windy for swimming.

Here we are hanging out in the boat.
We were out on Lake Leelanau and apparently you can boat down a chanel and dock. A quick walk across the street and you find yourself here.
Yup, Fish Town. The only thing we really did while we docked here was get some ice cream and take this picture.Okay, generally I'm not all that impressed by boats, but if you look closely at this one you'll see another boat on top. The boat on top was about the size of the one we had, approximately 16 feet. On the other side of that boat? A Jeep. I have no idea who owned this boat, but I bet it's gorgeous inside and most definitely bigger than my house.

I'll leave you with one final picture of Lake Leelanau.




2 comments:

carriegel said...

i knew that was fishtown before you even said it. such a cute little town.

sounds like you had a good time.

jporterGOP said...

i agree, that boat looks amazing