Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fourth Weekend

Well, to begin, let me just say that we finally got internet at home. We've put it off so long, only because by the time we get home in the evenings, Andy and I are sick of computers. Well, Andy got a promotion, and along with it comes a laptop and the fact that he travels much more often, and his office is at home. This has required us to have some form of internet service. So, after weighing all the options, we decided to go with an Alltel USB type thing (Yes, that's technical computer language). We can pretty much plug it into any computer we want, and get internet service. And at a pretty good speed too. Way out here in the boonies, we don't get wireless, and we never installed a land line, so this made more sense.

On to the weekend. We spent a lot of time working in the backyard. I can honestly say, I was so busy helping Andy, I forgot to get out the camera. However, I will have an end result picture for you to see. We desperately wanted a deck out back, and we really needed it by this coming weekend, because I am hosting Loretta's shower at my house. Now, for Andy this means a COMPLETELY finished look. Rights down to flowers in the brand new flowerbeds that didn't exist until this Sunday. The flowers may not be blooming, but they'll be there. Of course, this project made us late for everything this weekend.

Loretta had a party on Friday the 4th at her house. We weren't really late, but that's because I was able to pretty much finish getting myself ready in the car. On Saturday, we had to be at the park by 2:00 for Drew to get his beautiful baby trophy. We made it a few minutes late, only to find out they had told us to be there a half an hour early. (Try keeping a 3 1/2 year old and 11 month old happy for that long).

That is where the weekend took a down turn. Unfortunately, I started to get sick. I was able to brave it through the fireworks on Saturday night, but never took pictures. I was pretty much down and out until yesterday afternoon. Yep, I called in sick yesterday. Oh, well, they handled it.

Well, that covers my weekend. Have a great night everyone!

I'll include a picture of the new deck next time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I first started my blog I was always forgetting to take pictures. Now my camera never leaves my side on weekends and I always have one in the car with me.

You can ask the wife she just shakes her head and walks away. I'm not sure what she is trying to tell me.

carriegel said...

me too. i rarely forget to take my camera with me anymore. even riding in the car this past week i was taking pictures. dave just shakes his head too. must be a spouse thing.

nice to hear you are feeling better.

JP said...

After forgetting my camera for the 4th I finally switched to a bigger purse and carry mine everywhere. I hate not having pictures for my blog now.

I'm excited to see your end result though. I love summer landscaping.